- Boost Music XML rendering speed. OSMD Performance Mode: ONby Marin Jurcic on 27. May 2021 at 12:21
Even though OSMD version 1.0.0. got released recently, something fresh came up from our assembly lines. We’ve added a new sponsor-only feature that boosts the rendering speed of sheet music 2-3 times, depending on the browser and piece. We’ve achieved this by making some changes in the calculate phase, using SVG over the canvas (details The post Boost Music XML rendering speed. OSMD Performance Mode: ON appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Introducing version 1.0.0. packed with transpose features… Along with some extra goodies.by Marin Jurcic on 13. May 2021 at 7:53
We’re proud to introduce the new OSMD version – packed with Music XML transpose features! When we started our GitHub sponsorship, besides the initial goal of 50 sponsors, we set a 15 sponsor milestone goal. The milestone release is a plugin that enables sheet music developers to transpose sheet music by semitone. We decided to spice The post Introducing version 1.0.0. packed with transpose features… Along with some extra goodies. appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- OSMD WP plugin – render Music XML on WordPressby Marin Jurcic on 8. March 2021 at 10:34
OSMD is a tool library for displaying and rendering Music XML in the browser. As WordPress is one of the most popular CMS’ we decided to make an out-of-the-box solution that users could easily plug in their WP websites. In this post, we’ll give you a breakdown of the OSMD plugin features, the installation process The post OSMD WP plugin – render Music XML on WordPress appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Music XML transposition plugin released!by Marin Jurcic on 15. February 2021 at 12:27
COMMUNITY DEMAND FOR AUDIO TRANSPOSITION It’s always important to listen to community feedback. Our community was asking for a transposition solution (even to the point where some members started to make it themselves). It only made sense, as the ability to transpose on the fly is one of the key features of any application that The post Music XML transposition plugin released! appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Authenticate Sponsorware Videos via GitHub: New WordPress Plugin for Sponsorware Screencasts by OSMDby Marin Jurcic on 10. February 2021 at 10:04
Screencasts are an important part of any Github Sponsorship. We wanted to have a stable way of enabling our sponsors to get access to our custom screencasts. On one hand – it’s easy to provide a hidden link to your sponsors, but on the other, it just wouldn’t be ideal because we’d have The post Authenticate Sponsorware Videos via GitHub: New WordPress Plugin for Sponsorware Screencasts by OSMD appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- OSMD UPGRADED – Introducing version 0.9.2. packed with chord symbols and spacingby Marin Jurcic on 5. February 2021 at 12:48
It’s always important to listen to community feedback – recently we’ve been getting features and bug reports from our collaborators on Github. Common requests were centered around chord symbols and spacing for arrangements. At the time, the mentioned chord symbols were often a bit too complex for OSMD’s capabilities at the time – now we’re The post OSMD UPGRADED – Introducing version 0.9.2. packed with chord symbols and spacing appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Support OSMD on GitHub Sponsors now!by bukaznik on 25. December 2020 at 7:51
tl;dr Open Sheet Music Display, the MusicXML display turnkey solution for digital sheet music projects, is now available on GitHub Sponsors. Sponsorships start at $14/month. Sponsors are not only doing good by supporting an open source project but also get early access to new features and screencasts. Find out more at https://github.com/sponsors/opensheetmusicdisplay Our mission The post Support OSMD on GitHub Sponsors now! appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Top 4 OSMD Features You Didn’t Know You Neededby Donita Pascual on 10. August 2020 at 14:06
With OSMD being constantly developed, it comes to no surprise that its features keep improving. We recently released version 0.8.3. and are super excited about our progress. To see the full breakdown on bug fixes and added, you should definitely check out our Change Log on GitHub. But for now, we want to highlight our The post Top 4 OSMD Features You Didn’t Know You Needed appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- Practice Bird in individual lessons and in music groupsby Matthias Uiberacker on 7. July 2020 at 12:22
Der Beitrag Practice Bird in individual lessons and in music groups erschien zuerst auf Practice Bird iOS and Android App.
- How to import Sight Reading Exercises to Practice Bird iOS Appby Thomas Buchstaetter on 6. March 2020 at 14:55
Now you have your personalized sight reading exercises and you have shared them on your WordPress site. The only thing you have to do now is practice! With the iOS App Practice Bird, you can simply add your MusicXML file and get feedback in real-time when you play! Import Sight Reading Exercises to Practice Bird
- How to embed MusicXML Sheet Music in WordPress using OSMEby Thomas Buchstaetter on 6. March 2020 at 14:54
Do you have your own WordPress site? OSME makes it even easier for you to embed your MusicXML sheet music! Find out how by watching the video below! Embed MusicXML files onto your WordPress site Go to opensheetmusiceducation.org Click “Embed Sheet Music” from the menu bar on the top right corner Login or register your
- How to generate the Embed Code for MusicXML Sheet Musicby Thomas Buchstaetter on 6. March 2020 at 14:53
Once you have created your personalized sight reading exercises, I am sure you want to share them with friends, family and fellow musicians. We have made it even easier for you to do so by developing a way to generate an embed code for your MusicXML file with only a few clicks! Generate your unique
- How to generate unique MusicXML Sight Reading Exercises with OSME for freeby Thomas Buchstaetter on 6. March 2020 at 14:50
If you want to generate unique MusicXML Sight Reading Exercises, you can now do so with OSME! It is completely free and most importantly .. easy! Here is a short video to show you how it’s done! Not able to watch a video right now? Scroll further down to see written instructions and photos. Written
- OMG!!! OSMD Audio Player is coming!by bukaznik on 5. December 2019 at 12:00
Big news! OpenSheetMusicDisplay.org (OSMD) receives funding for developing an open source audio player in 2020! OSMD was selected as one of 13 projects selected by the netidee jury. The post OMG!!! OSMD Audio Player is coming! appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- OSMD: Now Comes with BSD Licenseby Donita Pascual on 26. September 2019 at 11:53
The beauty of Open Sheet Music Display lies within their development as an open source project. This generally means that their code is being written under a license which makes it possible for other developers to change and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose. There are many different available licenses, which developers The post OSMD: Now Comes with BSD License appeared first on Open Sheet Music Display.
- First Implementation Of The Practice Formatby dontneedatemp on 16. July 2019 at 9:50
- The OSME Sight Reading Practice Generator Prototypeby dontneedatemp on 15. July 2019 at 14:24
Whether you are a professional or a beginner, sight reading is an absolute must for making music. During music lessons, this is taught right from the start and is practiced and perfected until you become a professional. This raises the question for us: how can we help? Our solution: The Open Sheet Music Education exercise
- XML Exporter For OSME Practice Generatorby dontneedatemp on 15. July 2019 at 14:07
With the exercise generator developed within the framework of OpenSheetMusicEducation (OSME), you can create musical exercises for dexterity on the instrument or for sight reading, etc. The desired musical parameters: for example the clef, the time signature, the range, the number of bars, can be set in the interface to generate an exercise at the
- Embeddingby dontneedatemp on 15. July 2019 at 13:46
Be it pictures, videos or even songs and pieces of music, these types of media are always shared with friends on our social networks. This way we let the others see what we are doing and, in the case of OSME, practice! Apart from that, teachers can also display exercises they create with OSME on
- Why It Is Important To Practice Properlyby dontneedatemp on 15. July 2019 at 13:30
Millions of music students all over the world practice a musical instrument every day.